Woven by Grace: Farewell 2016!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Farewell 2016!


Imagining what this year would look like as I do every year, I have to say I didn't expect many of the things that occurred. That's not to say it was a horrible year, because quite frankly so many great lessons were learned through what felt like horrible situations. Growth is never easy, but looking back I'm grateful for every bump in the road I encountered thus far.

The last few years I've done either a main goal for the year or even a one little word to keep my focus. Anticipating a theme for the year I realize is better than just walking blindly hoping that things just "turn out well." So with that said, I don't want to just share what's been on my heart, without providing the three lessons that helped me get there! So without further adieu, my top 3 lessons of 2016 have been:


  1. In the BIG scheme of life... is this important? | Majority of the time the answer has been "no" which causes me to have to emotionally check myself as well as my intentions and priorities. It's helped me not lose sight so much of what I hope to accomplish in this season of life.
  2. Don't just acknowledge your flaws, do something about them! | I've had to take a long hard look at myself in the mirror more than once this year. Accepting and changing areas of my life that I know don't help me have NOT been easy. Knowing I can be lazy, forgetful, easily irritable, and a quitter make me want to run and hide - but changing them have only made me stronger.
  3. Have an attitude of gratefulness and positivity | Being prone to "Negativity Nancy" syndrome is no fun, and this year I refused to stay upset and frustrated over every little thing. I'm BEYOND blessed and I don't say that boastfully, I truly say that with a humble heart. Because every need my family has is met (honestly exceedingly) and to complain and fuss takes away from that focus. Changing my perspective has helped so much in enjoying my life in the present and what's to come in the future.
So finally, to step into 2017 my goal of this year is more of a character development goal. This is something I want to become rather than just do. My BE goal for 2017 is:

I don't want to list a ton of goals or strive for greater things as I've found in the majority of my bumps in the road have come from my own lack of consistency. I start and stop. To move forward and be where I want to this time next year, I know this is what's most important. I pray and hope that you too have found your focus for the new year friend! Be safe and enjoy yourself. See you in 2017!





No comments:

Post a Comment