Woven by Grace: Weekend Adventures: Plus One, Fresh Produce, New Routines
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Adventures: Plus One, Fresh Produce, New Routines

Our first weekend as a family of four! Sure we added an additional hour to our prep time and I haven't done my hair for the last several days (but I did wash it!) - we still managed to get out and enjoy our weekend.

Definitely slowed down a bit which is my favorite part about being on maternity leave - well any vacation honestly. Things are so busy even when we don't want them to be, so I'm soaking up having Mike home (he will be headed out for two weeks with some major ministry trips) and adjusting to two little ones. It's a calming feeling not having to watch the clock right now, well aside from times to nurse (which Titus makes sure to remind me ha!)

Mike planned for us to visit the local farmer's market Sunday which I absolutely loved! Since Sunday is our "work" day in a sense, I often drive by the market wishing we could browse around...but this time we got to actually stop and see for ourselves! All of the delicious fruits and veggies, and fresh DOUGHNUTS (I wish we bought more), I could have browsed a lot longer. Talking to different farmers and just bringing some great things home was well worth the trip. If you have a local one I would totally visit it - not just price wise, but the freshness I could tell immediately from when we buy at the store. Next time I go I hope to have more of a game plan/shopping list so I can really maximize my visit.

The boys enjoyed their time and I got to test out my infant insert for the Ergo I bought for Kai. Titus slept like a little prince and Kai of course munched on kettle corn almost sabotaging lunch (yolo right?) 

A well needed nap for all of us and an evening grilling closed things up for my tribe - honestly does it get any better? I'm sure it does as I get to spend moments with my boys - sleep deprived, crazy, wonderful moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment