Woven by Grace: Motherhood: Adjusting
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Motherhood: Adjusting

Tonight my hands were free for more than five minutes and I held you extra close...one of those mama bear hugs where you feel safe and rest easily. It's been quite the adjustment this past week and I know despite all of the fun you've been having and special attention, you notice our time has been split. 

Becoming a mom of two I have been preparing for as much as I can. I remember telling myself to not make you "grow up" that you're still just as little as Titus and in need of me just at another level. But I've done it a few times - out of my own convenience...I've expected you to adjust easily, when I'm adjusting just as much as you love bug. 

Tonight I was reminded just how much our lives have changed this week as I tucked you into bed and we got to steal away moments of just you and I. I got to take my time again and you felt it. I want to remember we are just adjusting and you are still my little boy...and I hope to not make you grow up out of my convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment