Woven by Grace: Conquering the Weekend
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Conquering the Weekend



Overnight I have a toddler. I went from cuddling to maybe a half an hour of play to full on playtime followed by one long nap. I had fallen into a bad case of "I'm tired, so let's just play and then watch a television show" blues... Working outside of my home during the week throws me for a loop on the weekends. What do I do? and sometimes just counting the minutes until nap time. I wish I could say that I have a million mind stimulating crafts at my fingertips ready each weekend, but I don't. However, I don't want to use being tired as an excuse either. So I've been on Pinterest! Simply because you can pretty much find anything you're looking for. I started a board just for crafts I could do that are age appropriate for Kai and keep him entertained on many levels. So I pulled out some paints and butcher paper along with some household items (cotton balls, clothes pins, coffee filters, and straws) and this is what happened.


Kai almost had a melt down while I was trying to set it up for him this morning and played for a full hour! We named colors and drew shapes. The clothespins holding the cotton balls are a genius idea and made it that much easier for Kai to handle the paints rather than paintbrushes. This activity didn't cost me a penny and we had a blast! I'm looking forward to actually using what I pin on the weekends and steering more away from less engaging activities. Do you have any fun activities for toddlers? I'd love to know! Send me a pin and/or let me follow you on Pinterest!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment