Woven by Grace: Be Encouraged
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Be Encouraged

There will always be something going on in life. When you have a great victory there will also be a loss or a trial trailing right behind. Don't lose hope.

This week has been a roller coaster ride. I was supposed to be sharing great posts leading up to my anniversary, mailing out remaining orders, and checking items off my list. Instead I'm juggling taking days off without pay, loving on a sick baby, supporting my mom as she cares for my elderly grandmother who can no longer do much for herself, and still try and complete my full time workload. I'm overwhelmed, but I'm clinging onto this:

God is faithful...

The saying that "God won't give you more than you can bear" false. It's not even in the Bible (yeah I was thrown off by that too). It comes from 1 Corinthians 10:13 - Funny that I taught about this in Sunday School last week and then I'm having to live it out this week... it always happens like that to me. Many times we cling onto God wouldn't give me more than I can bear, when the truth is what you bear is to remind you of who is meant to bear the burden for you. I can't bear feeling split into a million parts this week - watching my mom's own health be affected by caring for my grandmother who is at her most fragile state in life...I can't bear on my own. Being tired from holding my little one while he coughs and deals with this crazy weather and not feel like I should be home to do more...I can't bear on my own. But I don't have to do it alone. Today I will remind myself I am overwhelmed but joyous nonetheless. 

Give your burdens to The Lord and he will take care of you. Psalms 55:22

Be encouraged, be vulnerable, be okay with not having it all together. 

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. We can't bear any burden without Christ's help. Praying for you right now to feel the Lord's presence and Him easing your burden right now!
    Eva Marie Taylor

    ReplyDelete