Woven by Grace: Ministry & Family: Being Creative with Quality Time
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, October 10, 2016

Ministry & Family: Being Creative with Quality Time


We are embarking on a full month of being engulfed in ministry as our second Annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser is upon us. For the next month our lives are going to be filled with pumpkins...pumpkins...and more pumpkins. To say I'm a little overwhelmed is an understatement, but I'm definitely up for the challenge. But most importantly I'm thinking of not allowing this month to completely cause my family and especially the boys to feel excluded. That's the battle isn't it?

So we're finding ways to connect the boys while the work is being done. Kai has been waiting for this time of year, because he always has a blast and I'm looking forward to Titus enjoying himself too. From hayrides to games and pumpkins, I want to make sure that the boys feel as included as possible while keeping the balance of all the things...

Hopefully after school I can bring the boys to the patch since Mike is overseeing it the majority of the time. I'm ready for them to enjoy some fun time added into our routine. Being creative with our family time is definitely the name of the game. My biggest prayer is to not have the boys resent our time in ministry, to ever feel like ministry took us "away" from them. So being able to keep them engaged and feel apart of things will always be a priority to me. So far this has been what they've needed for just enough fun after a long day. So far they seem to love it! Only 21 more days left haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment