Woven by Grace: New Adventure: The Art Teacher
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New Adventure: The Art Teacher

 


Ever have random dreams or aspirations that you hope would happen? Well teaching was always one that I've tucked away, somewhere in between wishful thinking and when the boys get older. So when the opportunity came for me to teach part time at the Academy where Kai attends preschool, I really couldn't pass up the chance!

Yes my goal was to stay at home...I didn't forget at all. However, financially we needed some additional income as we continue to reach some necessary family goals and save for the boys' future. But this wasn't a total loss. There was a spot for Titus as well while I teach right at school! So both boys are in the same place as I am - and honestly it doesn't get any better than that. Being able to teach in the afternoons allows me to spend time in the morning with them, and not stress about rushing out of the door or staying late.

I've been so nervous about teaching as I've taught in much smaller and less formal settings, but I keep feeling like there is something great in this opportunity. It's a challenge no doubt. Being self conscious and trying to get my bearings on Teacher life is all so new and wonderful...and terrifying! Most of all I realize I've been so horrible at planning and preparing if I get anything together it will be those things. 

It's been a few weeks since I started and everyday is new. I can't wait to see the growth I have as a person outside of motherhood and ministry with this new adventure. Feeling like it's really good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment