Woven by Grace: Art Teacher: First Art Show
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, December 16, 2016

Art Teacher: First Art Show

 
Last night was my first Art Class showcase for our Winter Fine Arts concert at the academy. I sincerely was stressed over how the display would turn out, knowing that not everything could be displayed. I found myself nervous at how parents and even other student would respond to the product of my classroom time. But I'm so happy that it seemed everyone really enjoyed it all! The feedback from parents and students alike really lifted my spirits being the new art teacher this year. 

Teaching has really stretched me in an area I naturally go against the grain in...and that's planning. I've had to plan and prepare so much, but truthfully to my benefit. Though Ive enjoyed teaching in other settings it's been very informal and organic. I love to engage others and sometimes assume they just know or get it. So being with students at all skill levels along with their own basic understanding of art has really caused me to be creative and on my game. 

So needless to say I'm elated that the art display reflected in a positive light all this uncomfortable stretching haha! I'm hopeful to see where my students are when we showcase once again in the Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment