Woven by Grace: Motherhood: First trip to the Library
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Motherhood: First trip to the Library

So I think I've mentioned that I'm not the best at play dates or hangouts with other moms, though I actually love them. It takes a lot for me to prepare going out and interacting with others, I'm an introvert at heart with extroverted tendencies as needed haha. Well this past Friday I met up with a friend of mine who makes sure I don't stay inside too long (every mom needs one of those types of friends, seriously). And we took our first trip to the library. The last time I went to the library was to pay a serious fine...so yeah.


It was awesome! As you can see it was a pirate themed craft time and Kai loved it. It was comforting being with other moms knowing that a healthy activity not involving television before nap time makes you feel good about yourself (well at least I did). Sometimes I swing the pendulum too far as I know Kai is inundated with so much time at church and preschool I try to soak up as much downtime as possible...but I continue to realize that I need to switch things up and just broaden my social motherhood net. 



The crafts were simple and rather quick, which kept Titus pretty happy as well. Motherhood can be isolating sometimes if you allow it. I know as often as I desire friendships with other moms I easily find reasons to stay to myself, in spite of the need for that connection. I'm grateful though that other moms seem to keep finding me and pulling me out of my single-minded motherhood tendencies!

Looks like we will be headed back to the library very soon! Huge mom win this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment