Woven by Grace: Lesson learned
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lesson learned


December didn't happen as I had hoped, though it was still a nice holiday. I just let busy get in the way and I ended up barely enjoying Christmas from being so tired. I love the holidays, but I think I over did some things - mainly trying to do too much to create memories we would all never forget...so in turn we ended up not drinking hot cocoa and driving around looking at lights or making cookies or finishing our advent calendar. To say the least I was disappointed and too hard on myself...

If anything I took away that doing doesn't equate to success. No our little one doesn't remember much and though my efforts weren't in vain, they frustrated me more than brought the joy I had hoped. I spinned my wheels and moved maybe 10mph on my Christmas memories highway. We still enjoyed Christmas and recovered from my crazy antics. 

Lesson: Memories usually take place with as little human intervention as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment