Woven by Grace: Room Make Over
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, August 2, 2013

Room Make Over

Although I have a few posts I will be sure to publish this weekend (more Birthday D.I.Y.!!) but I wanted to at least share the other project underway in our little nest: Love bug's Room! It really started with having to make a bumper for his crib since he kept waking up after hitting the sides of the rails. I originally had the mesh bumper (highly recommended for infants), but soon realized after a long restless night for us both there was probably a reason for the old bumpers!



I was gifted the Noah's Ark bedding so I worked around that, but am feeling a bit more of a modern look since we are approaching a year. So I created the bumper off of a bumper I got from IKEA for $4! Talk about a deal! Since it seems that old padded bumpers are either $60+ or being replaced by the mesh breathable bumpers, you may want to look at making your own or buying a custom one possibly.  However, I had some curtains that have a bit of a burlap feel to them and I was hoping to give them away until I realized the chair needed an upgrade! So with some leftover binding and my curtain I made an accent pillow! Most of love bug's nursery furniture was gifted to us from dear friends and the chair was given to me by my coworker/dear friend!

So I will be sure to update you on the next project aside from all the birthday fun! A QUILT :) I'm so inspired by IvieBaby Quilts (check them out on etsy.com) I'm going to take my hand at making my own with some fun plays off of the brown, green, yellow, and other colors I seem to be developing in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment