Woven by Grace: It's Been Crazy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, July 27, 2013

It's Been Crazy


image

We've been a dynamic duo over here at the house while daddy is off embarking on an awesome Mission's trip in Nicaragua!  Lovebug wasn't pleased to end FaceTime with him this morning, but we will be sure to do it again this week! So much is happening from making impromptu bumpers for the crib, to finding great toys at yard sales, and of course birthday planning.

As crazy as it is...I'm loving every moment of it! Though my other half is gone I've been able to take some serious time for myself.  Being a mom has been the best thing ever, but also the most difficult transition for me. To even take it further when I got pregnant and was working on my MA I felt like I hit a brick wall. I love kids and wanted a baby, then felt confused because the "timing" felt wrong... I was angry and even bitter as I postponed my degree and transitioned to full-time mommy-hood and full-time workaholic/homemaker.

As hubby has focused on wrapping up his degree I've put myself on the back-burner and sat on the sidelines comparing myself to all these "great" blogs, small businesses, stay at home moms... and basically stripped myself of any confidence I had. You can't say you haven't done it either, but it's a horrible habit and cycle to break. I don't have an answer today, but I do have a helpful reminder.

The best you can be in this life is yourself.
I like living in organized chaos...I love doing 5 projects at once, I enjoy dancing randomly at the store, I admire overcomers, I am very sensitive and brutal, I live fiercely and am a loyal friend. I want to go into business with my sister and I want to share my gifts with anyone. What's the saying?
"No one else can love you until you love yourself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment