Woven by Grace: Shop Feature: Dainty Revelations
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shop Feature: Dainty Revelations

It has been some time since we've had a Handmade Shop Feature! I've saved this one for too long, but am nonetheless excited that this feature will not disappoint. I met Jenn through my first mug swap, where she showered me with chocolate, a mug (my husband and I fight over...), and beautiful handmade gifts that I use regularly. To my pleasant surprise, Jenn shared that she had a blog and also a shop (to add to the list of hats she wears daily!!). She was more than happy to share a little bit of who she is with you and her love for what she does. I hope you are inspired and enjoy this feature, as well as check out her other daily adventures at Dainty Revelations!


My name is Jenn, and I'm a work at home mom of 3 boys under 5. It can get pretty crazy - both because, well...3 boys, and because I love to collect projects (see my list of jobs on my blog - you'll see what I mean!). We live in
WNY (near Buffalo & Niagara Falls) with my awesome husband and our two pretty kitties.

How long have you been doing this (drawing, sewing, etc)?

I've been crafting since I was a kid, sewing and paper crafting since high school, and crocheting for about 5 years. Everyone once in a while, I'll pick up a new craft-related hobby (this year's is embroidery, last year's was painting, the year before was jewelry making). I'm kind of ridiculous like that!

What is the catalyst for your shop (i.e. passion, inspiration, etc)?

For most of my life, people would say things to me like, "I can't believe you made this!" and "You could totally sell these!". The problem I had was that I could never settle into a niche. I didn't want to just make one thing, and name a shop in a way that would limit me. I am a jill of all trades lady (have you picked up on that yet? Haha!) I finally had the idea one day to just make things I love and add copies of them to Etsy, and that's how Love Forward was born. I like thinking that I'm sending a little bit of love out into the world!
 
When did you open your shop?

I started the shop in August of 2012, but didn't officially launch it until November 2012. It was fun - I learned a lot that month. Getting started in the middle of Christmas shopping season was both good and bad. I had great success right off the bat, and it was easy to find the items that people liked purchasing the most. But it also set expectations that were kind of unreasonable for the rest of the year. As I said, it was a learning experience, for sure! Maybe don't start your own shop during busy season ;)

What are you favorite supplies/items to use?
I am so addicted to yarn and fabric - their colors and patterns just speak to me! I love color. Lots of bright, ridiculous color!
What type of items do you sell/offer? Can you purchase custom items?
My most stocked and best selling items are my bow coffee cozies. I love mixing color combinations for holidays and seasons and then seeing what people love. You can ALWAYS find my bow cozies in the shop, but since I list what I love at the moment, you can also find other little things at any time - reusable handwarmers, handmade cards and jewelry, Christmas ornaments, and other little art. I've got some big plans for some fun embroidery pieces and colorful garlands coming this summer, and even more for the holidays. I'm so excited about my shop this year! And yes, unless I post a note because of a vacation or something big happening in life, I'm happy to take custom orders - especially for my bow cozies!

How can people purchase your items? (website info)

Love Forward is on Etsy, here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/loveforward and you can also follow along on Facebook and Instagram for sneak peaks, coupons, and sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment