Woven by Grace: Christmas Is Coming: New Traditions
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Is Coming: New Traditions


 I've been trying to hold back my Christmas excitement...but let's be real I need all the time I can get to make this Christmas exactly how I hope we remember it! So I've been on Pinterest quite a bit getting ideas and as much as I love all the things I've pinned, I'm realizing that not all of them are "toddler friendly..." So I'm hoping to do a twist on a few of them, just like this Advent Calendar!

The original was a ladder, however, we all pretty much know with a 15 month-old I'm not going to have much of a calendar 20 minutes into it being displayed. So I used a frame for a canvas and painted it! Pulled out my trusty staple gun and put up some thick twine rope for my bags to hang from. I found the burlap bags (I added some silver dots with paint) at Michaels in the dollar section as well as the clothespins! I made my own tags and there ya go.





Oh and just a side note, this one pulled the box of cereal off the table and was doing this while I was trying to take pictures... love him - sneaky pants.


I'm thinking a good DIY of various tree cones and stockings is overdue.. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment